Barnet UNISON Press Release: 9 April 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Barnet UNISON issue proposed timetable for strike action over a six week period
Yesterday 87% of UNISON members working for Barnet “easyCouncil” voted YES to strike action.
The Trades Dispute with London Borough of Barnet is over staff remaining in employment with Barnet Council.
The proposed strike timetable is as follows:
- Tuesday 21 April & Wednesday 22 April (2 days)
- Friday 1 May & Tuesday 5 May (2 days)
- Thursday 21 May & Friday 22 May (2 days)
- Monday 1 June & Tuesday 2 June (2 days)
UNISON Branch Secretary John Burgess said: We had a meeting today with our reps and everyone agreed that one day strikes are a waste of time. The implications of no longer working for the Council are a serious concern for our members, who read almost on a daily basis news of outsourced staff facing redundancies and attacks to their Terms & Conditions. One of our members has written and produced a campaign music video called “The easyCouncil Loco-motion” which pretty sums up how our members feel at the moment take a look here https://youtu.be/Wi0bdgofsmM
Notes to Editors.
- Disappearing Council – short animation https://youtu.be/YQ5t63fSu-s
- “The easyCouncil Loco-motion” https://youtu.be/Wi0bdgofsmM