Interserve Strikers Solidarity March and Rally
Event Date: Wednesday 26 February 2020
Location: Assemble at 12:15, outside the FCO, King Charles Street London SW1A 2AH
Who is this event for: Everyone who believes in equality and public services
During the last week of a 4-week strike by Interserve workers at the Foreign and Commonwealth, show them how much you support them by joining their solidarity march and rally on the 26 February. The striking members have received incredible support for trade unions and members of the public.
· 1,600 people using the PCS e-action calling on Foreign Secretary, Domini Raab, to facilitate talks to resolve the dispute,
· 38 cross party MPs have signed EDM#125
· PCS president Fran Heathcote, PCS general secretary Mark Serwotka, TUC general secretary Frances O’Grady, John McDonnell, Jeremy Corbyn, Chris Stephens MP, chair of the PCS parliamentary group, 20 MPs, as well as PCS, RMT and Unite reps attending a solidarity picket on the 11 February as part of the Heart Unions Week.
· The TUC released a video about the dispute on the 18 February.
· 30 supporters attended a protest outside Interserve HQ last Wednesday (16 February).
· Trade unions (TUC, UNISON and Unite) and individual supporters refused to cross the picket line and attend Department for Trade and Industry events at the FCO last Monday and Thursday.
We encourage all trade unionists and supporters to bring their flags, banners, musical instruments, babies, dogs to march from King Charles Street to Old Palace Yard for a rally at 1 pm.
· Interserve striker
· Shadow chancellor, John McDonnell
· United Voices of the World striker
· Representative of We Own It
· Others speakers to be confirmed.